County Library Policies
Library cards are available to all residents
of Richmond and other SRLS counties who apply in person.
- There is no charge for first card;
replacement fee of $5.00 thereafter.
- Show 2 forms of ID (1 photo ID preferred) to verify current address.
- Children under age 18 must have parent’s signature & verified
- Library card is required to check out books, other materials.
- The card is valid at any of 15 SRLS libraries in 5 counties.
- Overdue books, magazines are charged at .05 per day per item.
Overdue videos or AV equipment 2.00 per day.
- Photocopies, computer printouts .10 per page. Computer diskette
Most Richmond County policies are governed
by the Sandhill Regional Library System. Holiday closings are set
by Richmond County Government and follow the state holiday schedule.
These policies are for the benefit and safety of all patrons:
smoking or tobacco use
No food or drink
No concealed weapons
No disruptive behavior
Shirt and shoes required
Children under the age of ten years must
be accompanied by a parent or guardian at all times.
Use Policy governs usage of library computers.